Article 1 “Application of the Terms”
- 1. These Terms apply to use of internet services (Collectively, the “Service”) provided on or through the file sharing website operated by Free Books ( the “Site”).
- 2. The Service has rules and conditions of use (Collectively, the “Rules”) established separately from the Terms. The Rules shall serve as part of these Terms.
- 3. The Rules shall apply and shall be treated with higher priority in case there arises any contradiction or difference between the Rules and the Terms.
Article 2 “Notification from the Site”
- 1. The Site will transmit necessary information to user in regards to the Service at anytime on or through its website or by email or any other means the Site considers appropriate.
- 2. The aforementioned notification will become effective the moment it is placed on the website or is emailed to user.
Article 3 “Service usage requirement”
The Service is only available to individuals aged 20 or older.
Article 4 “General Use of the Service”
- 1. When using the Service, it shall be user’s responsibility to determine the accuracy, credibility and/or interpretation of the information provided/distributed by the Site.
- 2. It shall be user’s responsibility to obtain and establish facilities required to access and use the Service. This includes but not limited to the communication equipment, softwares and public circuits.
- 3. Execution of download/installation of any files including but not limited to softwares provided by the Site or other users shall be the end user’s responsibility. User agrees that the Service assumes no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of such activities.
Article 5 “Copyrights”
The site does not reserve nor claim copyrights to any of the works or contents (Collectively, the “Work”) shown on the site. Where the copyright is concerned, the copyrights owner who uploads the Work reserves all of such rights.
Article 6 “The Work”
- 1. The Work are uploaded by Users. The Site shall not warrant or be held liable for the Works Posted by Users through the Service.
- 2. The technical inquiries or any other support pertaining the Work Posted through the Service shall be responsibly handled by Member and the Site shall be free of such liabilities or obligations.
- 3. Each Member understands that the Site may be unaware of the structures, purposes, functionalities or reproducibility of the Works posted on the Site as all of the Works are uploaded by its Users.
Article 7 “Prohibited activities”
Member shall not engage themselves in below mentioned activities or conduct when using the Service. In the event Member has engaged in below mentioned activities or conduct, the Site will prohibit the aforementioned Member from using the Service and their Membership may be indefinitely terminated. The Site will not be held responsible or liable in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with its action taken in response to Member’s prohibited activities or conduct.
- 1. Impersonate any person or entity; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent their affiliation with any person, entity or association, otherwise conceal your true identity for any purpose;
- 2. Misrepresent transmission information, including headers, return mailing, and Internet protocol addresses; or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service when forwarding such content;
- 3. Interfere with, disrupt, or harm in any way the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site;
- 4. Use the Site for any illegal purpose in violation of any applicable laws or regulations or public order and morals;
- 5. Collect or store personal data about other Users or attempt such activities;
- 6. Any other activities the Site deems inappropriate for operation of the Service.
User shall not engage themselves in below mentioned activities or conduct when using the Service. In the event Member has engaged in below mentioned prohibited activities or conduct, the Site will prohibit such Member from using the Service. In addition, the aforementioned Member will be held liable for any loss or damage incurred to the Site or third parties. In such cases, the aforementioned Member shall compensate any loss or damage caused thereby.
- 1. Post unlawful content; infringement of copyrighted materials such as images, articles, music or software, or encouraging or soliciting such illegal activities;
- 2. Post content that infringes any party’s industrial property rights (including but not limited to Patent, Trademark rights), copyrights, intellectual property rights such as trade secret, or any other rights;
- 3. Post content that advocates against others; content that slanders or harms reputation, honor or credibility, or is invasive of privacy rights, publicity rights or any other rights of an individual, group or organization;
- 4. Engage in Activities, conduct or expressions that are in violation of public order and morals;
- 5. Interfere with, disrupt, or harm in any way the Site’s operations or the Service, or use of the Service by others or assisting such prohibited activities;
- 6. Discriminate or slander against an individual, group, organization, product or any entity and harm their reputation, honor and/or credibility, which could cause various kind of troubles;
- 7. Impersonate any person or entity; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent their affiliation with any person, entity or association, or any activities equivalent to such;
- 8. Interfere with, disrupt, harm or limit in any way the Site’s or other user’s computer softwares or hardwares, or assisting such prohibited activities;
- 9. Any activities or conduct that may be considered as one of these prohibited activities or conduct;
- 10. Any other activities or conduct the Site deems inappropriate at its reasonable discretion;
- 11. Post the same article multiple times;
- 12. Post article that contains adult material into General category.
In addition, Site reserves the right to remove content that is not listed above in order to meet the operational needs of the Service when deemed imperative and necessary.
For contents that are texts, images, music, videos, motion pictures etc, each user agrees not to publicize any of the following:
- ●Content such as images, music owned by third parties who own proprietary rights, copyrights, trademark rights, publicity rights to the aforementioned;
- ●Content that violates privacy rights or publicity rights of any parties;
- ●Content that violates honor or credibility of any parties;
- ●Content that is in violation of public order and morals;
- ●Content that solicits fraudulent business activities, contains excessive advertisement or religious solicitation;
- ●Content that contains discriminatory expressions against any ethnicity, religion, race or sex;
- ●Content that encourages crime or immoral acts such as violence, use of drugs, stealing or promotes suicide;
- ●Content that contains obscene or violent expressions;
- ●Content that is considered or classified as Child Pornography or Child Prostitution;
- ●Any other contents the Site deems inappropriate at its reasonable discretion.
Above list applies to those contents that are set private or made available to limited users. Above mentioned contents are considered prohibited materials the moment their datas exist on the servers the Site manages and operates.
Article 8 “Interruption of the Service”
- 1. The Site reserves the right to suspend the Service, in whole or in part, without prior notice to Member for any inevitable instances including but not limited to a scheduled or emergency maintenance or excessive strain on its systems or potential interference with the operation of the Service or to secure security of Users, in order to maintain the quality of the Service at all times for its Member.
- 2. Each Member agrees that the Site shall not be held liable or responsible for any loss or damage or compensation of any kind incurred as a result of the Service interruption or outage mentioned in the preceding paragraph.
Article 9 “Termination of Service”
The Site reserves the right to terminate the Service in whole or in part with reasonable advance notice to Member.
Article 10 “Disclaimer”
The Site shall not be held liable for any of the following:
- 1. Each individual User shall be responsible for their content (the “User Content) and its content they create. User shall be held legally liable for any loss or damage incurred to any parties as a result of their User Content. In such cases, the aforementioned User shall compensate any loss or damage of any kind caused to any parties thereby. In addition, User shall be obligated to manage their User Content and to immediately remove such User Content that is in violation with laws, regulations and ordinances of Iceland or of any countries or foreign nation, or harasses or violates honor or credibility of any parties, or violates intellectual property rights of any parties, or violates privacy of any parties, or in violation with public order and morals. The Site shall not warrant or guarantee the User Content or its contents and shall not be held liable to User or any third parties for any loss or damage, direct, indirect or consequential, arising from User Content.
- 2. The Site will not provide guarantee of any kind for continuation of the Service. The Service itself may be terminated in whole without prior notice, or free service may become paid service. (The Site would do its utmost to maintain and continue providing the Service but this may not be possible due to unforeseen circumstances.)
The Site may deny the use of the Service by any individual User for any reason at any time, without prior notice, at its sole discretion. Each Member agrees to this disclaimer when accessing and using the Service.
- 3. The Site shall have no concern with, nor liability nor responsibility for troubles that may arise or cause to its users when using the Service. User shall be responsible for managing their contents. Therefore, the Site shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred to User or their end users of User Content as a result of, or in connection with usage of the Service. The Site shall be free of liability to pay compensations to User involved in such cases. Specifically, when User operates a website involving purchase and sales information, they shall be obligated to provide information clarifying their liability to their end users. Any issues between Users or User and their end users shall be prevented or resolved entirely by the parties involved.
- 4. The Site, in connection with these Terms, shall not be obligated to monitor or remove User Contents. User shall be solely responsible for all information distributed on or through User Content. The Site shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damages incurred to User or third parties as a result of, or in connection with User’s failure to remove the aforementioned information as necessary.
- 5. The Site reserves the right to suspend or cancel User ID or User Content without prior notice at its sole discretion when it believes the aforementioned User ID or User Content may pose problems to other Users or end users.
- 6. The Site shall not disclose to any parties the personal information (“Personal Information”) including but not limited to email address, credit card details provided to the Site on or through its website by User or their end users without their consent.
However, exception may apply in the following cases and your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties.
- 6 - 1. In response to a court-ordered warrant or court or law enforcement order, or subpoena, or orders or formal inquiries of any other government bodies compelling such disclosure;
- 6 - 2. In the case of an emergency where the life, health, security or property of an individual is threatened and such disclosure is deemed necessary;
- 6 - 3. In the case where disclosure or share of such information is deemed necessary for the purpose of provision of service requested by the user;
- 6 - 4. In the case where such information is required by any company in contractual relationship with the Site for the purpose of provision of service to the user (Such companies shall not use Personal Information provided by the Site for any other purpose than the aforementioned.);
- 6 - 5. User’s or their end user’s activities or conduct is deemed in violation with these Terms and disclosure of such information is deemed necessary in order to protect the Site’s rights, property, or the Service or for any legitimate reasons;
- 7. When accessing outside or third-party information through the Site’s content or User Content, each User and their end users understand and agree that the Site shall not be held liable for any loss or damages incurred to them as a result of trusting the reliability, security, completeness or accuracy of such outside information.
- 8. When a content created and posted on the Site by User violates these Terms, the Site shall suspend the aforementioned content. The Site shall not be held responsible for the refund of the payment made by the buyer of such content.
- 9. The Site shall not be held responsible for any loss or damages of any kind incurred as a result of or in connection with using the Service, not using the Service or not being able to use the Service.
- 10. Where the Work created by User is concerned, the copyrights or any other rights belong to the aforementioned User themselves.
The Site, at its sole discretion, exercises the right to edit, translate, publish, demonstrate, display, promote or distribute the Works created by User. Each User understands that the Site’s use of such right is essential and imperative to operate the Service and agrees with such exercise with no limitation.
Article 11 “Change of Terms”
Revised Terms will take effect once displayed and published on the website of the Service.
Article 12 “Claims for damages or loss”
The Site shall make a claim against User for indemnification relating to loss or damages incurred including legal expenses as a result of or in connection with the aforementioned User’s fraudulent or illegal use of the Service or activity that is in violation of these Terms.
Article 13 “Settlement of Dispute”
- 1. These Terms are governed by the laws of Iceland.
- 2. Any disputes or claims resulting from the use of the Service shall be resolved through arbitrary proceedings recognized by Iceland.
- 3. If a resolution cannot be reached through arbitration, Reykjavík District Court has exclusive primary jurisdiction rights.
- 4. Attorneys fees and legal expenses shall be the direct responsibility of the individual parties in any arbitration or lawsuit arising.
- 5. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.